We love fresh cantaloupe! However, sometimes there is too much cantaloupe coming in at the same time to eat all of it fresh. So, what can you do with the extra? We freeze it for smoothies. Yummy! Freezing cantaloupe is very simple, and quick.
How To Freeze Cantaloupe:
1. Slice your cantaloupe in half.
2. Scoop out and discard the seeds (or feed them to your chickens, ducks or guineas).
3. Scoop out the orange flesh. We just use a ice cream scoop or a melon baller. All the pieces do not have to be the same. I just do it as quickly as possible.
4. Place the cantaloupe pieces in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
5. Freeze the cantaloupe on the cookie sheets for about 24 hours.
6. Take the frozen cantaloupe off of the cookie sheets.
7. Place the frozen cantaloupe into labeled freezer bags and freeze to use later in smoothies.
may contain affiliate links