I am participating in an improv cooking challenge with The Lady Behind the Curtain. This month, our challenge is to come up with a caramel apple recipe. Yummy! Who doesn’t love those two ingredients! Here is the caramel apple cake recipe that I came up with.
|Fresh Apple Cake With Caramel Sauce||
- cup oil
- 2 tablespoons apple butter (Can replace with oil if you do not have this.)
- cup apple cider (Can replace with oil if you do not have this.)
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 T. Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 cups fresh apples, diced
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Mix oil, butter, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla together.
- Add 4 eggs, one at a time.
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon together.
- Slowly add and mix together.
- Add nuts and apples and slowly mix together.
- Pour into (3) 10 inch cake pans.
- Bake for 40 minutes
- Allow the cake to cool. Spread each layer with caramel sauce, and layer 3 cakes high. Ice with cream cheese frosting, and place crushed walnuts around the botton of the icing on the cake.