I love to cook AND I love to save money, so I am always coming up with new budget recipes in my kitchen.
Years ago I would follow recipes, but now I just enjoy playing around and seeing what types of recipes I can come up with based on what we have on hand. Cooking with food that you already have can be quite fun as you come up with new ideas about cooking.
We grow quite a bit of our food, so most of the year I have fresh vegetables and herbs and much of the year I have fresh fruit which really does help our budget. I love coming up with canning recipes from my garden that I can can and enjoy throughout the year.
I love making budget recipes from scratch. My husband says that I usually cook enough for an army for each meal (which is true!) But, this way I have leftovers the next day for quick lunches, and I can other leftovers for quick meals on days when we are in a rush.
I love cooking all sorts of food! American, Thai, Indian, Italian, Mexican . . . you name it, I will make it.
I try to make meals that are really healthy, but that also taste great and of course save money. My eldest daughter loves to cook just as much as I do, and has just as much fun playing around in the kitchen! I try to sprout my wheat and grind it.
I love garlic, onions and spices, so I use them in many of my meals. So, if you aren’t a garlic or onion fan, you might want to add a little less, but I hope that you enjoy trying out some of my budget recipes from my home to yours!
Breakfast, snacks and bread:
- Apple Trail Mix
- blackberry strawberry smoothie
- butternut squash muffins
- garden smoothie
- Grandaddy Dilmus’ biscuits
- Homemade Granola Bars
- Lemon Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- Mango Trail Mix
- Orange Bread with cranberries and walnuts
- Peach, strawberry smoothie
- pizza dough
- pumpkin bread
- pumpkin muffins
- Rotel cheese sauce
- Strawberry Muffins
- sugar & spice pumpkin seeds
- Whole Wheat Bread (bread machine recipe)
- Whole Wheat Bread
- Whole Wheat Zucchini Honey Muffins
- Vacation Trail Mix
- Yogurt (homemade)
- 3 Bean Chili
- Asian Rice Noodles With Chicken and Vegetables
- Bean taco
- Beef & Lentil Stew
- Broccoli, Carrot, Zucchini Cheddar Soup
- butternut squash macaroni & cheese
- cheesy chicken mexican casserole
- chicken curry
- chicken curry with yogurt
- chicken stew
- cranberry pork chops
- crockpot chicken
- Indian chicken curry (my favorite version)
- Indian chicken curry (my husband’s favorite version)
- oriental salad
- Roast in Wine Sauce
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- spicy beans and chicken
- split pea soup
- taco meat
- taco soup
- thai chicken with coconut jasmine rice
- vegetable fritatta
- cream soup – great substitution for cream of anything soup
- creamed kale with caramelized onions
- Fresh kale salad
- Kohlrabi recipe
- mashed yucca
- mock refried beans
- Swiss Chard with Summer Sausage
- apple butter
- apple sauce
- cinnamon apples
- Green tomato relish
- Green tomato salsa
- Pickling Spice recipe
- pizza sauce recipe – Seriously, the best ever! Love it!! I could eat it by the spoonful!
- rotel (homemade)
- salsa recipe
- tomato paste
- V8 Recipe
- Barbie birthday cake
- Caramel Apple Cake
- Oreo Ball Recipe
- Oreo Coke Recipe
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut butter hot cocoa oatmeal cookie
- peanut butter pie
- shortbread cookies
Check out all my budget recipes here
When I am looking for more budget recipes, I love the following sites!!
My first place to look for kid friendly recipes, is with Kelli from 3 Boys and a Dog. With 4 kids, these are always lots of fun!!
If you are looking for easy recipes, you will find quite a few on Renae’s blog, How To Have It All.
For simple recipes, check out Sherri from Luv A Bargain.
For frugal recipes, check out Melissa from The Sassy Saver.
For quick healthy recipes, check out the Greenbacks Gal
For frugal recipes, check out The Clipper Girl’s Saving Spot
For recipe resources, check out Crystal & Co.
For very frugal recipes, check out Little People Wealth
May contain affiliate links