I love coming up with new budget recipes! I had some extra oranges, and I had really wanted to try to make orange bread. I decided to modify an Irish soda bread recipe that I came up with a couple of years ago and try to make some orange bread. This was SO good! It was moist and sweet and just delicious! This can easily be modified to make orange muffins.
|Orange Cranberry Walnut Bread||
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter, white and brown sugar together with a mixer.
- Add the eggs and beat in one at a time.
- Add the milk, orange juice, vanilla and orange zest.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the cranberries and walnuts.
- Pour into greased loaf pans and cook 30-35 minutes.
More budget recipes
May contain affiliate links